OMG

Tell me again I'm doing the right thing? I called the college today after I got an email saying that my FAFSA was approved but they had no application for me (which I did last week), and come to find out, I have been accepted, but they are holding my application because I have to retake the ACT! Seriously? It has literally been 30 years since I took that stupid test and I sucked at it back then!

So I went online, registered for the test (which cost me more money, of course, welcome to higher education), and now I have to study stuff I haven't thought about in 30 years so that I can take a test with a bunch of kids on April 14th. Yea me! And if I do badly on the test, I have to do remedial classes which you have to pay full price for, but which don't count toward your degree (so you're basically paying for nothing).

Granted, they are only looking at the English section on mine for some reason (not sure why), but I'm afraid the girl might have told me wrong so I feel like I have to study for the whole test just in case. Again, yea me.

I was holding off the panic until the fall, but I gotta tell you guys, my guts are in literal knots right now. Am I sure I can do this?

Comments

You'll be good and if you need help understanding stuff give me a bell. I was a teacher so have some idea of what I'm talking about and can give you some help.
Tiffstitch said…
You can do this! I would be paranoid and study for the whole thing as well, but spend extra time on the English portion. I'm not familiar with the test, but am available as a sounding or venting board. :)
Justine said…
Another offer of help here! I would check with the college first just to be sure what they are focussing on.
You will never know if you don't try. I am sure you will do great!
Linda said…
Don't worry about the test Keiley. I have been a worrier all my life and it does absolutely no good. You ARE doing the right thing. I wish you all the best. I KNOW you can do it.

Linda
kate n said…
You're amazing! You can do anything :)