Nuthouse stay affecting HAED buying styles

Funny, but I scavenged from every credit card I had to get a few purchases from the HAED sale and my picks ended up being quite interesting from a psychiatric point of view.

Of course, there was the obligatory Jasmine Becket-Griffiths, including The World, which obviously is something I'm TERRIFIED of right now and can't bear to look at because it is filled with raging seas and terrifying monsters:
The World_000a
The Mini version of Dress of Storms, an obvious commentary on my emotional state:
Mini Dress of Storms_000a
Faces of Faery 71...hiding from the world:
Faces of Faery 71_000a
By The Seaside, where I spent a lot of my "incarceration" time imagining I was, gathering shells:
By The Seaside_000a
And Absinthe Goggles, which is what I felt like I was looking through the entire time. Absinthe doesn't have the same effect on me like it does most people, it takes a lot of it to get me drunk (unlike other alcohols), it just kind of clouds my brain, like those damn meds were doing:
Absinthe Goggles_000a
I also got the Supersized Max Color version of Alternate Reality by Josephine Wall. I've had the regular version for years but, even though I loved the pattern, I always disliked it's lack of detail and this version solves that problem. Right now, I'm living on the good side of that mirror, but eventually, I'm going to have to go back to work into the cold cruel "real world", so this one REALLY hits home. This might actually be the first SS/MC project I start and it might be soon if I can find some fabric on sale:
SS Alternative Reality MC_000a
While I was at it, I picked up her Lilac Dreams as well because I love purple and, if I ever do get to build my new house, this will look great in my bedroom (and, from the perspective of all the other choices, I did spend a lot of time in the nuthouse sleeping and dreaming of my happy places anyway):
Lilac Dreams_000a
On the darker side, I picked up John Shannon's Bitter Half. I've got to re-learn to hide that bitter half of myself from the world again since I seem to have lost an entire lifetime of Asper social training, so I thought this one was really appropriate. The left is how I am most times on the inside, the right is how I must appear to the world. I'm just not sure that I can remember how to pull it off anymore so I might look a bit schitzo to people for a while unless I keep myself as closed off as possible (which is my plan).
Bitter Half_000a
I also got my first fractal, Fairydust by Elizabeth Welker. I love this design because it's fairydust and supposed to be beautiful and happy (which it is), but it's all fractured and feels more sad than happy to me...fractured pieces of light amidst a sea of blackness, plus, there is the purple factor:
Fairydust_000a
And last, but certainly not least, Lavender Grey by Sheena Pike. This IS me right now in every sense, from the expression to the accents to the colors. Anyone have the key that will unlock my head and get me back to normal? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Lavender Grey_000a

Comments

Linda said…
Love all of your new stash Keiley. I just can't convince myself to do HAED's.

Linda
Unknown said…
Love your shopping spree, can not wait for you to start one. Happy stitching and big hugs
Awesome designs and they really do tell a story, don't they?
I think it's a good sign that you are very self-aware right now. Hopefully it will be the first step on the path back.
Beautiful patterns! And I loved hearing about each one of them and how they reflect your life right now.
Astrids dragon said…
OMGoodness, you will be busy! They are all unique and perfect for you. And yes, hope you find that key... but are any of us really "normal"?
Hugs xxx
Some lovely new additions to your stash! I think Absinthe Googles and Bitter Half are my favourites. I hope the retail therapy helped you a little!
Bethan said…
Such an amazing amount of pieces, and it's really interesting hearing your thoughts and feelings associated with each piece x
Justine said…
Very interesting! They're all stunning in their own ways. Hope your stitch bug returns soon and you can start one or two of them.
Vickie said…
WOW!!!! Your new stash is amazing!!! I love the Alternate Reality. I think I have this one on my wish list!!!!
Tiffstitch said…
Great new stash, and it's interesting how life changes what we purchase. Things I've had for years I know now I'll never stitch, but at the time!