Happy Duran Duran Appreciation Day!

Although I have pretty much been listening to nothing but Take That since this whole depression thing set in, I still always have my boys in my heart and this is the week I celebrate them most, especially today since it is an official holiday! From my very humble beginnings as a 10 year-old girl falling in love with this very young and handsome man:
To even today, when we've both aged more than our fair share, but he still looks as hot to me today as he did then (if only I could say the same about myself):

So for my video dedication, I'm going with the Duran song that was written with the Duranies in mind...it's their song to us:


And, since once is never enough, let's go as far back as one can...to the demo version of Planet Earth, which I can guarantee that only a Duranie has ever seen:

To my favorite spin off (sorry Power Station):

To my ever favorite:

A bit of solo Simon (because I can):

To the most recent video they've done:

And finally, to the one song that should be my anthem right now considering how everything in my life is going:

"The past is another country, the present will never last, the future is still tomorrow, are we living too fast?" Story of my life.

Comments

Tiffstitch said…
Cool! I hope you had a good day today.
Happy Duranie Day to you. Sorry I couldn't find a card to send. Hallmark have really missed a market there.
Astrids dragon said…
What? You mean I missed it?! I think I'll have to make my own day later this week and listen to them.
I have to admit, I don't think I ever knowingly heard something by them before. I did listen to all the ones you posted though, and really liked the new one!