Weekly...well something

I don't think I can call this a weekly stitching week. It was pathetic stitching-wise. I should be posting this over at a New Stitchy Start Blog, but frankly I'm too ashamed. I left off on Happy Haunts at the end of April here:
Haunts018
And I literally got this much done this week (five minutes work one night and maybe an hour another):
Haunts020
Slackaroony Cheese! I say I'm going to work on it this week, but I still have no desire to stitch right now. If it wasn't for being the Blogger of the Week last week, I don't think I could have made it though and I can't thank you guys enough for all your kind comments, seriously!

I have spent most of the week watching Miranda over and over and over again (and I'm watching it as we speak). There is nothing to get one out of a "what I call" funk than Miranda. It's helping, but I'm not quite there so, yet again, I ended up back in Mississippi on Saturday:
Untitled
Such Fun!

Rather stupid going to the beach on a holiday weekend, but surprisingly enough, everyone was at the malls instead of the beach, so I had free reign for quite a while. I decided, for a change of pace I would go down to Dauphin Island (because I'd never been there), but I wasn't impressed. I much prefer Gulf Breeze in Florida (there just wasn't time to go that far and back again). I am sure there are wonderful areas of Alabama, but I have yet to find them and their backwoods roads are quite frightening...which is saying something from someone from Arkansas.

I think I should probably wait a few weeks before going again (although I'd love to hop in the car and go again right now). Two 1000 mile trips in a week's time is pushing it, even for me. Besides, lots to do this week. We don't get Monday off, so I have to buy the stuff to fix my screens on Monday so I can do that on the 4th. The 4th was also my Grandmother's B-day, but at least all this tree mess has gotten me out of any family obligations. I will spend the day fixing screens with my pups and Miranda!

Apparently, my parents bought me lilac trees to replace my poor wisteria (like they could) and tried to get my Aunt to lie and say she bought them. It didn't take long to break her down though. She's been bugging me all week to schedule a time to come over and plant them with me, but I refused. My parents made the mess, they should be the ones to fix it. Even my therapist agreed with that (and she rarely agrees with my pig-headedness).

Maybe I need a Miranda-themed cross stitch project! I've been looking, but I haven't found one. Do I do a cast photo one, or do I do a quote one? Hmmmm...now there is something to be thinking about. Maybe I could make my own Gary Preston pillow to snuggle with! They really should have sold those, they would have made a fortune! Shame there is no such think as a real Gary Preston in my life...I could really use one of those right about now.

My Sister loves fan fiction...I love fan videos, so I guess that means it's time for one! I did find a new fan video that is a bit apropos, especially with the cut-in Miranda telling Penny to get out of her life bit, especially since I just did that to my mother (although a lot less tactile):

Although this one will always be my favorite:

Oh well, must dash back to my favorite TV couple and hope they bring my stitchy bug back.

Comments

Linda said…
I think you made some amazing progress Keiley for only stitching for an hour and 5 minutes. Besides, progress is progress. Sounds like you might be doing a tad bit better. Hang in there.

Linda
I too think that you made great progress for the little time you had to stitch. I hope you get along good fixing your screens and I too agree that your parents should be the one to come fix their mess. And not that this matters but lilacs are my favorite.
Mii Stitch said…
I think you have once again made great progress!
Don't put yourself down, it would have taken me a month the stitch that much on this type of design :)
Lilac trees are beautiful and smell wonderful. I hope they will get planted soon for the peace to be restored ;)
I love Miranda, that was a really fun series!! Such fun! Bear with... Plunge!!
A little progress is better than none, you will get back into it when you are ready. Yay for an relaxing trip to the beach, and yay for you for still holding your ground - at least it sounds like your parents are feeling bad about what they did, but they should at least have the courage to apologize in person.
Justine said…
Well that is what I call great progress! I hope you feel better soon and I agree with Mii, lilac does smell gorgeous!
Ha, looks like your epic rant got to them! Let them stew in their own juices for a while.
Glad that you got to the beach again, shame there is nothing closer.
Your stitching progress is epic compared to how little I could do in that time.
Bethan said…
As I have been told before by many lovely bloggers, some progress is better than no progress. And you got so much done in an hour! Glad you had a lovely time at the beach x
Faith... said…
I haven't been to the beach in ages so I will have to live vicariously thru you there! Glad you had a great time there. I think you made lots of progress on your piece and it looks great.
Tiffstitch said…
Any bit of stitching counts and glad you had a quiet 4th! Great videos too.
I've been off the blogging world for a few days and am just catching up. I'm glad you made it to the beach this past weekend. The beach is one of my happy places...along with Disney, of course. I think you made splendid progress on your stitching this week...much more than I did, I think. I'm loving the Happy Haunts; it takes me to Disney in my mind. (smiling) Hope you're beginning to feel better. I've been sending positive thoughts your way. --Andrea
Heather said…
I know it's late but if you haven't decided on a Miranda piece you could always do a cast picture with a quote overlay like I did with Paradise.
Vickie said…
I would love to go to the beach...but I married someone who hates the beach.. I am starting Happy Haunts this month in my year of starts.